Marvin Elementary School
2019-2020 School-Parent Compact
Marvin Elementary School and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (participating children), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s standards.
REQUIRED SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT PROVISIONS
Marvin Elementary School faculty and staff will:
- Show respect for each child and his/her family.
- Model professional behavior.
- Provide an appropriate environment that is safe, clean, orderly, engaging and academically stimulating.
- Provide ways for parents to be involved in school through volunteering.
- Provide appropriate and fair discipline.
- Provide appropriate curriculum and instruction that address the state’s standards.
- Provide meaningful and appropriate activities for class work and homework.
- Provide parents with appropriate and timely feedback in reference to their child’s attendance, behavior and academic concerns.
- Provide opportunities for success for all students and share celebration opportunities.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to:
- Adhere to all district and school procedures and policies.
- Meet with teachers when conferences are requested.
- Volunteer as opportunities present themselves.
- Participate, as appropriate, in educational decisions.
- Serve, to the extent possible, on campus and district teams.
- Provide opportunities for students at home to demonstrate what has been learned at school.
- Monitor child’s attendance, behavior, homework and grade reports.
- Set routines at home and teach child age appropriate ways to be independent and organized.
- Read with and to children on a consistent basis.
- Speak positively about school, even if the child may be experiencing some difficulties at school.
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the State’s standards.
Specifically, we will:
- Be respectful of self, parents, students and staff.
- Be prepared and participate appropriately daily.
- Follow district/campus policies and procedures.
- Learn that personal behavior affects the classroom environment and behavior must be adjusted to meet the needs of the room and the activity.
- Learn every day, do homework when applicable, and ask for help when it is needed.
- Give parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received from school each day.
- Strive to do our best at all times.
Signature indicates that this document was received by the parent and student.