Parent Involvement Policy
Marvin Elementary School
2019-2020 Parental Involvement Policy 1118 (b)(1)
* * * *
Parental Involvement is an integral and necessary component
The school will provide opportunities for all children to meet the challenging state academic standards; use methods and instructional strategies that strengthen the academic program in the school, increase the amount and quality of learning time, and help provide an enriched and accelerated curriculum, which may include programs, activities, and courses necessary to provide a well-rounded education for all students.
Parent and family engagement is developed with a partnership between the school, parents, and community members.
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring—
(A) parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
(B) parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school;
(C) parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child;
The school will:
- involve parents in jointly developing the Comprehensive Needs Assessment, Campus Improvement Policy, Student-Parent Compact, and Parental Involvement Policy.
- Communicate and notify parents of meetings via school messenger, newsletters, school calendars, special event reminders/ notices, parent conferences/ orientation, district and school websites, social media, and/or school marquee
- hold an annual parent orientation meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in Title I program funding
- will provide opportunities for regular meetings for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children. The school will respond to any such suggestions as soon as possible by holding conferences with parents, formal and informal meetings with parents, giving information to parents during parent orientation/open house, inviting parents to attend PTO meetings, Parent Portal Skyward Access, volunteer opportunities.
- provide each parent information about the performance of their child on the state assessment in at least math and language arts through Confidential Student Reports from the state, Skyward Family Access, report cards and progress reports.
- provide instructional materials and strategies to help parents improve their child’s academic achievement and foster parental involvement by hosting parent orientation, family fun nights, book fairs, TRIBE parent meetings, Counselor meetings with parents, teacher conferences, PTO events.
We value your partnership with us to help ensure the success of every child. We look forward to a great 2019-2020 school year together! This policy was adopted by Marvin Elementary School on 8/29/19 and will be in effect for the 2019-2020 school year.